Microsoft Teams Direct Routing is a feature that allows businesses to make and receive calls directly through the Microsoft Teams platform, eliminating the need for separate phone systems. This can improve call quality and overall communication within your organization. Here is a comprehensive guide on how to use Direct Routing to improve call quality:
- Set up Direct Routing: To use Direct Routing, you need to have a Microsoft Teams license and a compatible on-premises Session Border Controller (SBC) or a cloud-based SBC from a certified partner. You also need to configure your SBC to connect to the Microsoft Teams service.
- Test your connection: Once Direct Routing is set up, it's essential to test your connection to ensure that it's working properly. You can use the Microsoft Teams admin center to run a connectivity test and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Configure call routing: Direct Routing allows you to configure custom call routing rules to ensure that calls are directed to the right person or department. This can help to reduce delays and improve response times. You can use the Microsoft Teams admin center to set up call routing rules.
- Optimize network: To ensure the best call quality, it's essential to optimize your network. This includes ensuring that your internet connection is stable and fast enough to handle voice and video calls. You should also ensure that your network is properly configured to prioritize voice and video traffic.
- Use a headset: To improve call quality, it's recommended to use a headset with a built-in microphone. This can reduce background noise and echo and improve the overall call quality.
- Monitor call quality: Direct Routing allows you to monitor call quality, including metrics such as packet loss and jitter. You can use the Microsoft Teams admin center to view call quality metrics and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
- Use call recording: Direct Routing allows you to record calls for later review. This can be useful for training purposes or to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Keep the software updated: Microsoft regularly releases updates to Teams, and it's essential to keep your software up-to-date to ensure the best call quality.
By following these steps, you can use Microsoft Teams Direct Routing to improve call quality and enhance communication within your organization. It's a powerful tool that can help your team work more efficiently and effectively.