Today’s hybrid business environment has highlighted the need for effective collaboration and communication between employees, partners and other participants of the hyperconnected ecosystem. In this article, Prabhakar Verma, Associate Director – Business Collaboration at Tata Communications, explores how BYOC (Bring Your Own Carrier) can be an effective solution for businesses.
As organisations look at increasing productivity, profitability, and growth, the need for a flexible, scalable, and cost-effective integrated collaboration & communications solution has become clear.
BYOC (Bring Your Own Carrier) is one such solution, with several benefits:
- Flexibility: With BYOC, businesses can choose their own carriers and collaboration providers, allowing them to customize solutions based on the set-up.
- Scalability: BYOC is a cloud-based platform that can easily scale up or down to meet changing business needs, without requiring significant investment in infrastructure or resources.
- Enhanced experience: BYOC offers a range of features and integrations that can help businesses create engaging and personalized workforce experiences across multiple channels, including voice, video, messaging, and more.
Tata Communications and Zoom have partnered for BYOC, where customers who use Zoom for collaboration are offered Tata Communications cloud voice infrastructure as a carrier. This partnership helps organisations by offering them the following benefits:
- Global reach: Tata Communications global network infrastructure provides businesses with a reliable and secure way to connect with customers and partners across multiple locations and time zones, without having to manage multiple carriers or networks.
- Cost-effective: BYOC helps organisations reduce their communications costs by leveraging Tata Communications economies of scale and advanced technology solutions.
- Improved efficiency: The BYOC solution capitalises on the existing voice network efficiency and utilisation, thus helping to reduce costs, and increase operational efficiency for the business.
- Customisable solutions: The Tata Communications BYOC platform is highly customisable, which allows businesses to integrate its existing Zoom relationships and communications solutions into the Tata Communications ecosystem. This helps businesses create solutions that meet their unique needs and preferences, thus providing them with a competitive advantage.
- Enhanced customer experience: Tata Communications BYOC offers seamless integration, where organisations can quickly deploy and scale their communications solutions while maintaining control and flexibility. Tata Communications global network infrastructure offers high-speed and low-latency connectivity, which can help ensure smooth and reliable conferencing experiences.
- Fraud prevention: The Tata Communications voice network offers advanced fraud management to protect against voice fraud. This capability, enabled for all cloud voice customers, is designed to detect malicious diallers and prevent potential losses before voice minutes are lost.
- Increased scalability: Tata Communications BYOC can easily scale up or down to meet changing business needs, allowing businesses to seamlessly add new users and locations without compromising on performance.
- PSTN Reach: Tata Communications offers PSTN replacement services across 32 countries. Tata Communications Global Voice network reaches 200+ countries, providing businesses with a reliable and secure way to connect with customers and partners around the world. Tata Communications provides a dedicated Service Delivery team for the smooth migration of services, including DID porting for each location.
- Proactive monitoring and support: Tata Communications provides proactive monitoring and support for its BYOC solutions, ensuring that any issues or disruptions are quickly identified and resolved.
To learn more about Tata Communications BYOC (Bring Your own carrier), click here.